We kindly ask you to read the FAQ carefully to prepare your application. To complete the submission, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following documents, compiled as a single pdf file:
- Motivation letter of the applicant (max. 1.5 page) with career plan and description of the education in clinical research planned during the supported period (type of courses and expected degree). If applicable, the reasons for requesting an extension of the eligibility window must be explained.
- CV of the applicant (max. 3 pages), incl. previous activities, scientific achievements and, if applicable, list of publications; all dates must include month and year. The CV must be structured in sections (pregraduate period, MD thesis period, postgraduate period) and present the scientific output resulting from each period (publications must be annotated accordingly).
- Project summary (max. 1 page), incl. background, aims, design and methods.
- Detailed research plan, elaborated with the mentor (max. 6 pages, with tables and figures, min. font size 10 and min. single line spacing; plus bibliographic references) incl. current state of research, aims, relevance of the proposed research, role of the applicant in the project, detailed methodology, planned experiments, milestones and timetable. For project grants, a link with the research work realized during the beginner grant period must be explicit.
- Budget for beginner grant: the budget must specify the time reserved for research (in percentage) during the grant period (in months), and the corresponding requested amount. The amount granted to cover the salary of the grantee for her/his research activities, incl. the social contributions of the employer, depends on the local salary range of the host institution and needs to be clarified by the applicant before the submission of the application.
- Budget for project grant: detailed requested budget in annual instalments (1 installment per project year), incl. all requested and available third-party funds. The time reserved for research during the grant period, covered by the host institution, must also be specified (percentage and corresponding salary).
- Written confirmation from the mentor guaranteeing, for the entire duration of the grant, personal supervision of the grantee, integration into the research activities of the host institution and access to the necessary infrastructure. The amount of financial support offered (consumables, etc.) must also be specified. In addition, the mentor is expected to comment on the project and provide a position or funding options to support the applicant for her/ his next career steps. In case the beginner grant is meant to cover the salary of the applicant during her/his PhD or MD-PhD, the mentor must also confirm that funding necessary to complete the doctorate after expiration of the YTCR beginner grant is ensured.
- Written confirmation from the department responsible from the host clinic guaranteeing that the requested research time will be freed up from clinical activities during the entire support period. For project grants, the corresponding salary must be covered by the host institution and guaranteed in writing.
- Up to 2 reference letters (optional).
- Copies of all relevant diplomas; for project grants: only necessary for diplomas obtained since the application for the beginner grant.
- If applicable, copy of ethics committee’s decision and other authorisations.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered.